Our 2016 officials would like to offer a warm welcome to Bolton Old Links
This superb test of moorland golf was first opened in 1891 and was the very first Golf Club in the Bolton area (hence the ‘Bolton’ and the ‘Old’ in the name). This year, 2016, the club celebrates it’s 125th year, with plenty of exciting events planned, so there has never been a better time to visit, or join. We have only 10 places left on our 125th year membership deals, as at 3rd January 2016.
This fantastic championship golf course, measuring a testing 6432 yards, par 72 (white tees), 6042 yards, par 70 (yellow tees) and 5503 yards, par 73 (Ladies red tees) is a true test of golf. Bolton Old Links has 18 uniquely challenging holes, an impressive professional shop occupied by our full time Resident PGA Professional Sean Owen, buggy and electric trolley hire, societies, golf day’s and visitors are welcomed. A very warm welcome awaits you in the clubhouse from our catering staff, where you are invited to enjoy a drink, snack or tasty meal in relaxing and comfortable surroundings.
Bolton Old Links has been selected as a venue for numerous professional tournaments, including the European Satellite Tour, the Wilson PGA Championship, Exel Golf Tour, 1836 Tour and most recently the Lancashire PGA fourball championship.
Our ‘flagship event’ – the Old Links Trophy – takes place on the first Saturday in September each year, and dates back to 1958. This is a Gents 36 hole amateur scratch ‘Northern Order of Merit’ competition, which attracts some of the top amateur golfers.
In 1924 land was obtained by the Club and the course was developed into its present 18 hole layout by renowned Golf Course architect Dr Alister MacKenzie, who was responsible for many wonderful courses worldwide, including Augusta National, home of ‘The Masters’. As a result, we are very proud to have been granted membership of the MacKenzie Society.
WATCH THE NEW VIDEO BELOW, FOR THE WHOLE PICTURE OF BOLTON OLD LINKS.